There are several ways to change your beneficiary:
- Print Form 206 – Beneficiary information. Complete the form and fax or mail it to OMERS.
- Send us a letter requesting a change of beneficiary. Be sure to include your name, membership or SIN number, your new beneficiary(ies) and their relationship to you, and your signature.
OMERS order of entitlement
When a member dies, OMERS provides benefits in the following order of entitlement:
- An eligible spouse is first in line for survivor benefits.
- If there is no eligible spouse, a benefit would be paid to any eligible dependent children.
- If there is no eligible spouse or children, the beneficiary on file with OMERS may be entitled to a refund.
- If there is no beneficiary on file with OMERS, any refund would be paid to the member's estate.