As we approach the end of June, we would like to extend a huge thank you
to those of you who have completed your annual reconciliation process (over 900 groups!). We know how much time and hard work goes into this and we appreciate your dedication to completing this in a timely manner, year after year. It is a team effort!
In this issue, you will find info on our annual reconciliation deadline, enrolling a member, a change to our employer phone service, a new Changing Member Information – Form 106
, helpful hints for the Contribution Remittance Summary – Form 105
, upcoming employer events, and an update on the e-access browser issue.
Upcoming Deadline - Annual Reconciliation
As you know, the deadline to complete your annual reconciliation is June 30. For those of you who need help completing the process or have questions, we are always here to help, please contact OMERS Employer Services at 416.350.6750 or 1 833.884.0389.
Enrolling a Member
Please remember to submit your Enrolling a Member – e-Form 102
immediately following a member’s enrolment date. In accordance with section 38 of the Pension Benefits Act
, OMERS is required to provide Plan information to new members within 60 days of the member joining the Plan.
To learn more about enrolments, see the Employer Administration Workshops section below.
A Dedicated Employer Services Phone Line
As most of you know, we have a dedicated employer line which allows us to better serve your administrative needs and questions. During the transition to this new channel, we have left an “employer” option on our Member Services phone menu. Effective July 1st there will not be an “employer” option on the “member” line. Please use the Employer Services phone numbers.
Please keep the following Employer Services phone numbers for your convenience:
Phone: +1 416.350.6750
Toll-free: +1 833.884.0389
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
You Asked, We Listened
To help reduce follow-ups for normal retirement age (NRA) conversions, we have updated the Changing Member Information – Form 106 to clarify what information you are required to include. Please ensure you are using the most recent version of the form from our Employer Forms page.
Helpful Hints: The Contribution Remittance Summary - Form 105
One of your responsibilities as an employer is to remit monthly member and employer contributions. To make this as efficient as possible, we would like to remind you of a few helpful hints to complete this successfully:
- Please submit the Form 105 prior to remitting the funds. It is important that OMERS receive the Form 105 first to ensure proper allocation once the funds are received.
- When submitting funds for a leave period please submit the Leave Period Reporting/Election – Part B: Member Election – Form 165 prior to your remittance. Funds cannot be allocated if the leave period has not been processed as ‘elected to purchase.’
- Be sure to include your group number. OMERS uses the group number (rather than your group name) when processing the Form 105.
- Consider direct deposit. This is the most effective method to remit contributions. You can find the Direct Deposit Registration – Form 101 on our Employer Forms page.
For more information on remitting contributions, please see section 4.2 of the Employer Administration Manual.
Employer Administration Workshops
Our in-person Employer Workshops and Webinars will provide you with a deeper understanding of OMERS administration topics and procedures.
Upcoming in-person Employer Workshops:
See more locations and register today!
- St. Catharines – July 10
- Sault Ste. Marie – July 17
- Orillia – September 10
Upcoming Employer Webinars (10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EDT)
- Enrolment, Part 1: Theory – Tuesday, July 9
- Enrolment, Part 2: Enrolling a Member (e-Form 102) – Thursday, July 11
- Contributions, Remittances and the e-Form 105 – Thursday, August 1
See more webinars and register today!
We recently improved the e-access user experience by resolving the multiple browser error. Still, please keep in mind that best practice when working in e-access is to work in one window at a time and always log out when you are finished. Not only is this important for the system to run smoothly, but also to ensure data integrity for our members.
Thank you for helping us administer the Plan and deliver a wonderful experience to our members.