The cost of purchasing a leave period is based on the contributions you and your employer would have been paying during the period.
For some types of leave periods, your cost is single contributions (matched by your employer). For example:
- pregnancy/parental leave;
- emergency, family medical, and organ donor leave periods; and
- reservist leave period of postponement.
If you choose not to purchase this type of leave, the period will still count as OMERS , and would be used to calculate the adjustment.
For other types of leave periods, your cost is double contributions (your share plus your employer's share). For example:
- authorized leave of absence;
- legal strike or lockout; and
- self-funded leave.
If you choose not to purchase this type of leave, the period will not count as OMERS eligible service.